Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2/20/09 coonhunt




My most recent coondoggin trip was this past Friday. I had an ole college buddy make the drive across the mountain to catch up and do some late night huntin'. The weather was perfect...minus the annoying high winds. The wind made it very difficult to hear the dogs and keep up with the direction they traveled. This little english female can flat burn up a track. She went about 3/4 of a mile and ended up treed on Upper Creek in about 20 minutes. I aint lying...I promise. I've hunted hundreds of hounds and walked hundreds of miles and she is the quickest I've ever had the pleasure to follow. They put up two coons in one tree and my buddy got to take one. We had a blast and she even managed to keep us off the mountain! No rough walking...which is always a bonus.




No comments: