Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bluegillin' again...


Ahhh, the weekend again. Nothing beats free time and not having to listen to "The Man" tell you when and where and how. If I ever have to work weekends I better get 3 days off during the week. Don't think I could take it.


This weekend didn't have much time for fishing. Me and my favorite buddy (two year old son "Bubba") spent the better part of Saturday just riding around and scouting some streams. He's still kinda small to be fishing any kind of technical streams...by that I mean streams without a solid, flat bank so he don't fall in over his head. It was wonderful to see most all the high country streams around here flowing good, he loved all the waterfalls.


Late in the day my father-in-law and I took a small jon boat we use from time to time over to a local pond a friend of mine has on his land. We mainly set out just to make sure the boat doesn't leak before we hit a few long float trips in the next couple months. This pond is within 5 minutes of my house which is very awesome. The father-in-law wore me out and didn't mind letting me know. I figure I let him since he let me marry his daughter and all. He was flippin plastic grubs and I was working a popper/dropper combo. I landed a great number of bluegill but the crappies appeared to prefer that little plastic grub as they totally snubbed me. A little rain fell for no more than 2 mintues and the action flat out stopped. I mean, d-e-a-d stopped. So, we packed her up and went home. Not bad for two hours of fishing. Beats answering to "The Man". Did I say that already?


No comments: