Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dried up and soakin' wet...

Man, trying to wrap words around the worst two days of fishing I've had all year. Wifey and son went out of town so I had two days of nothing else to do but fish...and work a little. Sunday we hit a new brookie stream, stream way low, fish way spooky, and way picky. Did manage a few brookies and a small brownie. Hopped out of that stream and went to an old faithful...still the fish are denying me like a chess geek chasing the prom queen. Still, landed a few.






Monday, made dust out of work at 4:59 and raced up the hill. Walked the 1.5 mile in, fish about 1 hour and the sky opens up worse than anything I've ever experienced. Rain fell at the rate of 4 inches per hour (no, I aint got no gauge in my pocket, checked the stats later) along with dime size hail. I learned the BB size hail that started it sounds kinda cool pinging off your hat, but that dime size slammin' your head and neck is rather painful. I hoofed it out in record time...the old toyota never looked so good. No pics as I had nothing on my mind but a roof over my head. Needless to say, after then soaking my truck in wet clothes, I had to ride to work today sitting on two towels as to not appear as if I pee'd my pants on the way in...






With that said, I have a 4-80 Sage for sale along with a huge assortment of supporting equipment.....KIDDING!!! But, I'm ready to say...bring on deer season.

No comments: